Lecture Given by Pastor Joshua Hall at Sparta Reformed Presbyterian Church during the evening service on December 16nd, 2018.
Sinful Tendency: Believers are often persuaded to look outside of God’s means of revelation for knowledge of Himself, and so we imagine God to be like His creation. This is idolatry.
Proposition: God is Holy. He is not like us, though we are made in His image. We cannot know God by starting with a knowledge of ourselves but must know ourselves starting with a knowledge of God through His revelation.
- Exegesis of Hebrews 1:1-4
- Three Paths to God? Theology From Below
- Inner Experience
- Moral Compass/Improvement
- Philosophy can lead me to an understanding of God
- Science can lead me to a certain knowledge of God
- Fundamental Flaw
- True Path to God – Theology From Above
- God’s Creation
- God’s Redemption
- God’s Revelation
- God’s Invitation